I caught an investigative bug tonight, and I feel a strong need to post this speculation…
- Fact 1 — Rob over at Your Seattle’ Neighborhood Specialist had some great commentary on Zillow in the months leading up to their beta release
- Fact 2 — Rob has been silent since the release of Zillow
- Fact 3 — Marlow Harris also noticed this, so I’m not the only one wondering what happened to Rob
- Fact 4 — A reader pointed out to me that hourlyagents.com service is no longer available.
- Fact 5 — Rob used to heavily promote the Hourly Agents site and his blog still has a link to it
- Fact 6 — The hourly agents site now says “This Domain is For Sale — Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details. — In the meantime, please join me at Redfin”
So when Marlow asks:
Where are you? Where are all your editorials and opinions? You were writing up a storm before, but now that Zillow has revealed itself, you’re silent.
Did you get that job there, after all? Did you sign some sort of oath of silence?
WHAT DO YOU THINK???”
I think the answer is worse than an oath of silence… I don’t think he’s working for Zillow (those people have definitely woken up to the idea of communicating!), but rather, I think he must have climbed into bed with the competition!
UPDATE 1: I just found out that Redfin started blogging one day before Zillow, but…
it slipped past me as they haven’t shared any link love (yet!).
Update 2: Redfin added Rain City Guide to their sidepanel! Thanks you guys! Now all I need is for the HouseValues blog to add a link to Rain City Guide and I’ll have completed a Seattle Real Estate Technology Trifecta! 😉
Update 3: The Trifecta is complete!