It appears that Rain City Guide has gone to bananas…
The following photo baffled me when I first saw it.
With my curiosity peeked, I noticed that Ed Kohler posted the photo from his Flickr account… Hmm… Who’s Ed Kohler?
Ed is the man behind the the WhereToLive site (which is a decent map-based home search) and the Colorado Home Stop site (which is one of the best map-based home search interfaces I’ve been fortunate to play with!).
Ed emailed me last week to let me know about his Denver-area home search tool and despite my interest, I never got around to talking about it. But on the theory it is never too late, here are some of the features I really like:
- Lightning fast
- Photo scroll bar (Mac-style) at the bottom of screen that is connected to the map and highlights listings on map on mouse-over
- Micro icons get bigger with zoom
- Like Windermere’s maps, they bring every thing on one page, and aesthetically, it is much cleaner than the Windermere maps
- Clean Trulia-style filters
- Pull-down neighborhood search
- Right-click functionality for zooming
- Ability to compare homes without leaving the map
The moral of the story is that if you really want to get my attention, simply post a photo of a banana with Rain City Guide written on it and then let me discover it! I’m assuming that Ed is one of the monkey’s behind the banana site, and if so, it looks like he may be willing to help others out with a personalized banana!