At some point I may develop a slew of loan calculators for this site, but there are so many good ones already on the web, that it is low on my priority list of things to add… The free tools available on eTrade Loan Calculators include:
- Monthly Payment: Find out how much your monthly mortgage payment will be for any rate or program.
- Amortization Schedule: View your payment schedule and see the monthly breakdown of principal and interest payments.
- Affordability: Not sure how much home you qualify for? Find out using our affordability calculator.
- Compare Loans: Simultaneously compare up to three different loan programs.
- Renting vs. Buying: Does buying make sense?
- Debt Consolidation: Find out how much you can save by consolidating your high-interest debt into one low, tax-deductible monthly payment.
- Available Equity: Quickly calculate the amount of equity you have in your home.
Other loan calculators are available all over the web, although very few of them seem as clean as eTrade. Here are some more you may find helpful:
- Mortgage101 includes the option to add taxes and insurance
- Washington Mutual includes all the usual calculators plus a useful Should I pay Points to Lower My Rate calculator.
- Mortgage-Calc includes a How Long until I’m a Millionaire Calc! Very cute!
- Bankrate Calculators includes lots of calculators… maybe you’ll find one useful.
Do you know of a different and useful calculator? Let me know and I’ll happily add it!