Yesterday’s theme was PreFab, today I’m back to simply providing links to 10 interesting real estate conversations…
- Prosper is an online marketplace for people to lend money to other people. Shaun has been playing with Prosper and has some interesting observations.
- I don’t agree with Mark’s conclusions, but I think he makes an interesting case that a good time to “upgrade” is in a down market. (via Steph)
- For those looking to improve things before they sell, Rory provides some great home improvement links.
- If you are going to be upgrading (up market or down), you’d be wise to follow Noah’s advice and sell first!
- Will the number of sold homes rise in August as Bill suggests? But I sincerely doubt it.
- Todd, since you asked… My take is that if you are going to change domains, you want to do it sooner than later. You’ve still got lots and lots of growth left in your site, but the longer you wait, the harder it will get. Even better, consider getting a hosted version of WordPress that you can put under your own domain. Many hosts have made it so that there is a “one button” install of wordpress and they even manage the upgrades on the backend. (WordPress.org has a list of their “preferred” hosts.) In the long run, this will definitely give you the most flexibility with things like video/podcasts and stat tracking.
- Jim’s thinking he wants a sideblog plugin… I’m thinking just take notes and when you get to 10, hit publish. Have you noticed? 🙂
- Fran is good for providing a useful tip every few days… Today it is about the importance of the buyer walkthrough.
- Jay Thompson (of AZ) gives us a “pick of the week” that includes one hell of a house!
- Larry Cragun tells us to watch out for real estate transactions involving religious institutions. Some people are more than happy to lie for God.
I’m actually shocked at the number of emails these lists have generated. Don’t people know I have a job? 😉